I got some new craft books!

 What a happy day when the postman delivered these two new craft books to my mailbox this past week.  I had fun looking through them and gaining new inspiration and ideas for sewing camp.

First up is Annabel Wrigley's We Love to Sew - Gifts.  The newest book in her sewing books aimed at young girls, is filled with fun and useful ideas.  I am a big fan of her Little Pincushion Studio.  It's so fun to see what others are making with kids.
 I love this mirror - I can picture it hanging in a school locker.  It's also a good introduction to patchwork.
 These bowls are just too cute!  They are a wonderful use of scraps and I think kids would love sewing the rope.  I can't wait to make one myself.
 The instructions are clear and full of photos.  Just right for sewing with kids.

Next up, is Stitch Love by Mollie Johanson.  Her blog Wild Olive is a favorite of mine, and I am a proud member of her 50 States Club.  Her book is full of adorable animal embroidery patterns.
 Besides just having cute patterns, there are some clever projects such as this possum sachet.
 The embroidery patterns are simple, but filled with personality. Mollie gives clear directions for how to transfer patterns and different stitches.
 While written for adults, I am excited to share some of these patterns and ideas with my sewing campers this summer.  I know they will love them!
Happy sewing!

No comments: