The Future's So Bright...

It's Spring Break and Sewing Club is ready for some sunshine.  What better way to prepare than to make a simple Eye-See-You Case from Sewing School?  For a more individualized version, we forwent the little glasses applique shown in the book for stick on felt shapes and fabric marker embellishments.  I loved the button closures and ribbon handles that were added by some.  Everyone was successful and made their cases within the hour.  Bonus, you got a cool pair of shades to fill up your case when you finished. 

Happy Spring Break!  Stay cool and we'll see you later this week.

3 comments:

Gail said...

I've been following your website for some time now....years(?) Love it!!! I work with kids and admire what you do. Actually considered offering sewing as an afterschool activity but realized how much work it would be!!!! I was excited to see your book and wanted to support you and your efforts. Today I bought your book at the local book store so I was able to support the local store and show my appreciation for what you do too.

Thank you
Gail

Michelle @ Delicate Construction said...

I would love if you would link this project up to my first linky party for kids tomorrow! It is adorable! great site and I am a new follower!
Have a great day!
Michelle
www.delicateconstruction.blogspot.com

Amie Plumley said...

Gail, Thanks for buying the book - I hope you enjoy it! You should try sewing with kids. Once you get it going, it takes on a life of its own.
amie