Situpons for Brownies


I was super excited to sew these adorable situpons with my daughter's Brownie troop.  The pattern is the Portable Tree Stump from Sewing School 2.  When I designed the project, I was inspired by my own situpon I made as a Scout and was hoping that it would be made by Girl Scouts.  I love how the project has a long handle so that you can walk around hands free.
In true Brownie form, the girls helped each other trace the pattern and make the project.  We used vinyl tablecloths for the fabric.  It worked perfectly and is waterproof.  You want to use the kind that are heavy weight and fabric backed.  You can buy it by the yard or just purchase some tablecloths and cut them up.
With 22 Brownies, we opted by hand sew the situpons.  Since all the girls have sewn with me in school or camp, they caught on quickly.  The girls wrote their names on the finished projects with Sharpie markers.
Can't wait for the first nature hike!



No comments: