Camp: Day 4

Welcome to Sewing School Camp! Each day I'll share a project or two from the Sewing School books. You'll also see some sneak peeks from Sewing School 2. A favorite part of camp is the snack and book time we do each day. At the end of the post, I'll include the book read that day. Hope you enjoy camping along with us!
 Zip it up with a Zippy Pouch!  One of my favorite patterns in Sewing School 2 is a simple and useful zipped bag. 
For beginners, I find that it is MUCH easier to hand sew the zipper onto the fabric first and then machine sew the rest of the pouch.  Once a sewer understands how a zipper is installed, then machine sewing with a zipper foot is doable. 
As you can imagine, the variations are endless.  I love this itty bitty zippy pouch!

Camp Reads:
Crafty Chloe by Kelly DiPucchio and illustrated by Heather Ross (my favorite fabric designer!)

No comments: