Q Quilts

This week we are working on the letter Q, which I always use as an excuse to talk about quilts in class.  As I was looking through the blog to remember what I did and how I did it, I thought I'd share with you too!

Favorite Things Quilt inspired by Patricia Polacco's The Keeping Quilt.

The Friendship Quilt - can't wait to see how this year's quilt turns out!

The quilt journal is always a favorite and inspires lots of good writing.  Plus, it's a fun way to use up all our fabric scraps!
I love making Story Quilts with the kids and have even made a friendship quilt version of this - using paper instead of fabric.
The Q Quilt is my all time favorite way to reinforce the relationship between Q and U.  When you write the words, you have to make sure Q and U are together.  Plus, they look super cute hanging in the classroom.

This year, I have some mathy ideas for quilts, so I'll be sure to share them with you!






No comments: