Zoom Zoom Mat

I made this little car mat for a friend's 2nd birthday. His name is embroidered on the little pocket "garage" in the corner. Frankie tried it out and had a good time. I'm going to have to make one for him too.
Here is a detail of the buildings. The mat was very easy and fun to make while watching bad TV. I used felt scraps and just cut and sewed.
The little trees are stuffed for some texture. To finish, I backed the whole thing with red gingham and called it a day. Very easy. The mat can be folded and stashed anywhere.

We hope little Wyatt enjoys it!

5 comments:

pink and green mama MaryLea said...

Adorable!!

Looks like it will be lots of fun.
I'm sure Wyatt will love his birthday present -- homemade gifts are the best!

Andria Lisle said...

Amie, this came out great! love it!!!

Jennifer Howard said...

Love it!
I'm going to start this today.
Thanks for the inspiration!
PEACE
Jennifer

Amie Plumley said...

Thanks, Jennifer - I want to see what yours looks like when you're finished!
Amie

Amie Plumley said...

Thanks, Jennifer - I want to see what yours looks like when you're finished!
Amie