No Measure Granola

Is there anything better than a bowl of homemade granola?  I've been making some for the last few months and had a few recipe requests from friends, so here it is for all!

My recipe is quite simple and requires you to eyeball your ingredients instead of measuring them.  Much simpler in my opinion.  It's also open to many different ingredients so you can make it to suit  your tastebuds.  I tend to buy my seeds and oats in bulk and just pull down the little lever until I feel like there's enough.  I buy nuts in bulk and keep them in the freezer so that they will keep longer.
No Measure Granola
Dry Ingredients - that's what's in the big bowl above:
*rolled oats - I have the most of these, about 3 or 4 scoops from the bulk bin (don't use quick oats)
*sesame seeds
*raw pumpkin seeds
*raw sunflower seeds
*chopped nuts (I like to use a mixture of walnuts and almonds)
*wheat germ
*coconut flakes
*brown sugar
*big sprinkles of cinnamon, ginger, and nutmug
*pinch of salt
*if you like dried fruit, add some too

Wet Ingredients:
You'll need about 2 cups of wet ingredients to mix into a big bowl of granola.  I know, I know, I said no measure, but I tend to mix all my wet ingredients together in a big mixing cup. 
*oil (olive or vegetable)
*maple syrup or honey (you'll want something sweet)
*apple juice or apple sauce or a mix of both

Wisk all the wet ingredients together.  Gradually add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients and mix around with a rubber spatula.  You want the mixture to be moist, not drenched.

Spread onto 2 baking sheets lined with a silpat or parchment paper.  Bake for about 30 minutes at 350 until the top is golden brown.  The little burnt edges are yummy, so don't worry.  Let cool in pan.  Break into chunks into a big container.  We like ours with berries and almond milk.

When I first started making granola, I used this recipe from Orangette as a basis, which has measurements. 

Happy granola making!


No comments: