MakeShop

On our very long road trip, we visited the Children's Museum of Pittsburgh.  I raved about it 2 years ago and it still holds up.  This time, we were all excited about MakeShop - I mean, the entrance sign alone - "What do you want to make today?" got me going.
giant community loom


making plastic fusible collages
 Inside there are so many different kinds of materials.  There was a whole section on electronics and woodworking, but you know I focused on the fiber arts and crafts. 
beginning sewing - love these materials!
I began to dream of a classroom space that was this open and free.  The volunteers were wonderful and as helpful as you wanted them to be.  Everything was beautifully organized and thoughtfully laid out.
I am jealous of these fabric bins
I wonder what we'll discover the next time we visit.

No comments: