not what I had planned...

I have had this drawing Phoebe did up on the bulletin board for some time now. I had big plans for it - block prints for pockets, T-shirts, fabric. I have had some success with block printing in the past on paper, but have been really wanting to print on fabric, too.
While it's not bad, it's not what I wanted:
1. After carving the block, I realized that I wasn't thinking and made a mirror image of the original.
2. I think I should leave the body (or dress as Phoebe called it) solid.
3. It needs to be just the image so I can do repeats.
4. The size is all wrong. I have no clue what to make with it. I do think it might make cute note cards, though.
5. I tried some water-based fabric paint (see pic below) that worked OK, but wasn't perfect.
I'm going to keep trying. In the meantime, I carefully read the block print tutorial by the so kind Lizzy House who even gave me some suggestions for the perfect ink for fabric. I'll work on it and let you know how it goes...

2 comments:

pucktricks said...

I think it looks kind of cool the way it is.
But if you cut it square you could use it for a pocket. It could cover the whole area of the pocket.

Amie Plumley said...

That's a good idea. I'll give it a try - thanks for the support over here!
amie