Pillow Ticking Skirt

I fell for some fabric at Hancocks in the pillow ticking section of all places.   The fabric takes me back to my days of reading Seventeen Magazine and an obsession with a Betsey Johnson skirt made out of pillow ticking.  (I looked for a pic of this skirt, but came up empty.)

Anyway, my skirt is much more subdued.  Made from my favorite A-line skirt pattern and then finished with gray bias tape.   I've been very much against hemming these days.  Above is a detail of the tiny pocket perfect for the teacher essentials of keys and chapstick.

I love this little skirt and am thinking about making some matching pillows.

PS - top pic is from the first day of school

2 comments:

Conny said...

I l.o.v.e. your new skirt! If you find a fabric you love there's no reason not to make something you'll love just as much. :>)

kristin said...

pillow ticking! i had no idea it had a name, but i've always been drawn to that fabric as well...btw, i think the skirt is adorable!!