My Motif

 In college, I started a collection of embroideries found at thrift stores, garage sales, and estate sales.  I called it "my motif" and hung them on the wall right by my bed.  Most co-eds had rock posters or Monet prints up, but not me.   I remember staring at the stitches, and following the thread in my brain instead of studying.  I also wondered about who had sewn them in the first place and why they were abandoned.

I recently uncovered what is left of the motif in the attic.  Kristin, who also collects found embroideries, encouraged me to post them.  So, here are some of my favorites.  I'm thinking the one at the top might find a place in Phoebe's room.

 On the back of a potted flower embroidery.





This guy might be my favorite. If I remember correctly, he's one of my first.

1 comment:

kristin said...

oh gosh Amie!! did i not comment here? i was sure i did as my heart got all pitter-pattery when i first saw this post...thank you for posting these, i absolutely apreciate every one and find it hard to choose a fav. i just love how they all look grouped on the wall like that