Halloween Sewing Projects


How did it get to be October already?!?!

While I'm scrambling to get all kinds of projects done, I'm thrilled that Halloween is just around the corner. Next to Thanksgiving, it's my favorite holiday of the year. Although I don't get trick-or-treaters on my dead-end street, I hang out with Amie, Phoebe and Frank and other friends in Central Gardens, which is transformed into a scene worthy of "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" every October 31st.

So who's ready for some Halloween crafting?

Over at Martha Stewart.com, you'll find directions for a super-ghouly Ghost Necklace made out of dried glue! Even little kids will have fun "sewing" the ghosts onto a piece of string. Have them make No Time For Flashcards' Texture Collage Ghost as well. Older kids might want to try their hand at these Felt Ghost Ornaments or Felt Bats instead.

Experienced sewers will enjoy making this Felt Candy Dish from Zakka Life. Try using black and orange felt!

And don't forget Amie's Treat Bag Tutorial, right here on Sewing School!

1 comment:

Amie Plumley said...

Thanks for the great ideas - I'll be using them in my class! :)