Clothespin Dolls

Clothespin dolls were all the rage in Sewing Club. As you can see from the pictures below, there were lots of variations from sweet little girls to St. Patrick himself!

I of course have been drooling over the elaborate ones at The Small Object. My excitement prompted me to buy the pattern at Posie Gets Cozy but thought those instructions were a little too advanced for kids.

I also wanted the project to be doable in a hour or less. So, we went for Sharpies instead of paints.

Next, I found this great tutorial and discovered that a CD is the perfect pattern for a doll dress.

We got our supplies at Harvey's Hobby Hut but I've also spied a fun looking kit at Mahar Drygoods.

3 comments:

dongdong said...

Those are so adorable. Love them. Where do you find the wood parts?

Amie Plumley said...

We got our supplies from Harvey's Hobby Hut - the link is on the post. Thanks!

Uneekdolldesigns said...

Great project for kids!!!