Modern Poodle Skirt

I've been obsessed with this idea of a modern poodle skirt for some time. A little A-line number with an oversized pink poodle. Very mod, yet at the same time a classic.

The poodle is from a Simplicty pattern that I had lying around. It has a little collar of turquoise sequins that you really can't see in the picture. I made the skirt and poodle out of a super soft flannel. For the waistband, I used Fold Over Elastic which I learned all about it from the Angry Chicken.

Phoebe has been dancing around all day. Now I may have to make one for myself.

1 comment:

Dee Light said...

Cute skirt. I always wanted to make a jumper with a little poodle for my oldest (now she's 11 so I don't think she would like it too much). I guess I can make one for the baby when she's a bit older.

Thanks for the tip about fold over elastic! Cool stuff.