Kata Golda for Easter

No surprise that I was excited about Kata Golda's book - when have I seen something cuter? Even though it's not written for kids, many of the projects are super simple and can easily be adapted for little sewers.

The above projects - Little Girl's Purse and Finger Puppets - are perfect for Easter. I made the ears just a little bigger on the puppets, and they are super cute bunnies!

Phoebe made the one above. She chose to use markers to draw the face and then stuffed it and sewed up the bottom for a cuddle bunny. A cute button was added for the tail.

To make the projects more kid-doable for Sewing Club, I made patterns and then took step by step photos so that both non-readers and readers could follow the project. I also cut out a few steps - like making the inside of the ears.

Don't feel like making your own? Kata has the cutest stuff (including the bunny finger puppet, so I guess I'm not that clever) in her etsy shop and website.

1 comment:

jenny said...

Hello - just found your lovely blog and have been reading through all your posts. I'm a preschool teacher and you have given me lots of ideas that I look forward to doing with my 3-5 year olds :)