Staple Dress Workshop

Staple Dress Workshop
Sew Memphis
Saturday, September 20, 9am-5pm

The Staple Dress has been my favorite dress pattern this season.  It's fun, versatile, and is open to lots of variations.  Plus, it offers an opportunity to learn new sewing skills.  I'm excited to teach others how to make this super cute dress and hope you can join me at Sew Memphis.
This one-day workshop will meet on Saturday, September 20 from 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Participants may break for lunch and take advantage of nearby eateries in Overton Square!  In addition, I'll also be at Sew Memphis on Wednesday, September 16th from 6:00 - 8:00 p.m. to help with fabric selection and pattern preparation for those who want to make the most of Saturday's workshop time.
Learn new sewing skills:
  • following a pattern
  • installing side-seam pockets
  • elastic waist shirring
  • French hems
  • high-low hem
  • sizing


Check out this Flikr pool to see April Rhodes' celebrated Staple Dress pattern in a variety of fabrics.   You can also see my post about the dress.


1 comment:

katie jean said...

I have the pattern for this dress! I can't wait to make it :D