What's Up

Here are some things that are taking up my summer days...

Reading:
Excited to see a Mollie Makes U.S. edition!  I have been a fan of the U.K. based magazine for years.  It's packed with super cute projects, ideas, and crafters that you want to become friends with.  The only downside of the American version is that it doesn't include a free project with each issue.

Sewing:
I am attempting to make more fitted dresses.  I have always shied away from sleeves and waists.  This is my first attempt using the Built By Wendy Dresses book.  The pattern was actually harder than I anticipated.  While I love the Built By Wendy books, I think this one may be a little more advanced.  I'm pretty happy with the fit, but need to make more to get it right.  Instead of making a traditional muslin, I used an old sheet that belonged to my sweet grandmother.

Listening:
I have been a fan of Abby Glassenberg for years and her While She Naps Podcast seals the deal.  Each episode she talks to some of my favorite crafters about how they got started, the bushiness side of crafting, as well as their favorite tools and inspiration.  If you are at all interested in such things, you should have a listen. 

Eating:
 Mmmm...blueberries!  It's berry season in the South and we have had fun picking our own.  I made the yummiest blueberry lime jam that I can't get enough of.  The kids and I have been making "jam shakes" with a big scoop of jam, greek yogurt, almond milk, and a frozen banana. 

What have you been up to this summer?

No comments: